In 1957, an assembly of Christians meeting in Dayton, Ohio decided to establish a local church in the growing, neighboring community of Kettering. They were led by Pastor Henry Barnhart, and initially used a local school as a place to gather for worship and Biblical training. They soon acquired property on East Dorothy Lane, and in 1963 completed our current building . Pastor Henry led this growing congregation until his retirement in 1970. Most of the original members have passed from this life to the eternal one promised in John 3:16, but other followers of Christ have come along to continue the vision of our founders.